Sealants are a thin layer of composite material (kind of like a plastic) that is placed on the occlusal surface (the chewing surface) of teeth. This material flows into the really deep pits and grooves of the teeth and seals them off to prevent bacteria getting in there and causing cavities. It is a very easy and effective preventive procedure. Sealants should be placed on all newly erupted teeth. Do you have teeth that should have sealants on them?
I have done sealants before so it was fairly easy. I need to make sure that I have ALL the supplies that I will be needing ready BEFORE I start the procedure!! I could also work on using a little less material, only enough to fill the pits and grooves.
Monday, December 04, 2006
Sealants
Posted by Chanci at 12:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment