Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Feeling Good

Today was my clinical simulation day (which basically means I just see a lot of patients instead of two per day). It went really, really well. I saw two children in the morning in about an hour and a half. Then I screened a potential board patient who ended up not qualifying at all.
This afternoon I saw my Class 4 for the last time. I will be sad not to see him again! Him and his wife were such awesome patients. I only missed like two areas and they were just tiny, tiny! I was so proud of myself. I think one thing that really helped was that I went through and explored each tooth and didn't move on to the next tooth until I was completely sure that that tooth was spotless. If I did find a spot I used my ultrasonic again (which I usually don't do), then I would hand scale again, then I would explore again and lo and behold...most of the time that did it...I didn't have to go over it again! Yay. It took awhile but he was a class 4, I could afford to take my time.
All else goes well. This year is winding down extremely fast. I looked at several different Master's programs today...hopefully I can get some more info on them and find one that suits my needs.

0 comments: