Well I am very happy to have found one of my class IV patients. He is a 29 year old hispanic male that has never had his teeth cleaned before. He speaks english fluently so it was such a treat to be able to explain everything to him myself. I explained the etiology of periodontal disease and his current condition. Then I explained how we were going to work as a team to stop its progression and get him healthy again. He was so excited to get started.
I cleaned one quad and was so nervous the whole time that I would miss a ton of buildup because there was so much of it, pockets were so deep, and he still had some sensation even after 5 injections! I also got to use my Right and Left ultrasonics and I loved how they adapted to well to the root surface even in those deep, deep pockets. I learned that I really need to watch my sitting positions and make sure to really turn my instruments in towards the tooth to prevent tissue trauma. When it came time for the scale check everything was great and my self esteem has been on cloud nine ever since. There will definitely be more to come about this patient!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Class IV!
Posted by Chanci at 9:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Hey Miss Dental Hygienist! How professional you sound with your hygienist lingo! :) I'm so happy for you that you are SO close to being DONE!
Post a Comment